Saturday 24 October 2009

I Mark time

The winters are painful in your absence
You are not around, you are not mine anymore
The pranks we pulled, the secrets we shared
All seem to have vanished

Those games we played and the bruises you gave
Have been closer to me than memories of greater life events
I look at them with love of a glorious childhood we had together
Those fights weren’t fights those hate spats weren’t hatred
But love in retrospect

And today the bruises you have given me
Though not carnal are deeper than all scars I bear
But they hurt me, they sting me
Your silence and your untraceable thoughts kill me
I am scared to love else and I may soon forget to trust

There was bearing in every look of yours, I felt safe then but vulnerable today
Today I tremble at a future staring at me
I hide behind every bend but I am spotted
Our separateness speak volumes of your absence
I cry and cry and cry and with a misty pair of eyes look for you

I grope for your hands I was entrusted into
I don’t feel them, I can’t reach them and I fall
In hope you’ll be back to help me up
And I touch the scar under my chin from that old fight of ours
And console a cheerless self that you’ll be back
Before the winter passes...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very strong emotions!What better way to emote than write. Write more. Very explicit!

Unknown said...

Hi again! What about you email or contact number? Can we get in touch? I know this is too much of a public platform to ask for it but I am sorry. How do I get in touch? Are you there on the school alumni list, I could may be get your contacts from there then? Please reply.

And why aren't you writing more?

Unknown said...

I am sorry! I could be bothering. The school's database has a number and I am unable to contact you with that. Please update it.

I hope you know who I am. I am your senior from school. I carried you to the sick bay when you fainted in the school assembly. You were light as a feather and now I see you writing here and boy am I impressed or wat? From your pictures I know you are still lighter than cotton wool.

Please get in touch. (PRAYER)

Unknown said...

You have not replied. I have gotten in touch with almost all from our school. I am on facebook too but could not find you. I added a Lakshmi thinking it was you but it wasn't.

Why aren't you replying?